Sunday, February 20, 2011

Backslide

I'm not going to lie. This week, it's been tough. Between a software release at work, and Valentine's day, I ate - a LOT. And it wasn't pretty. There was chocolate, steak, pizza, carbs, anything I could get my grubby little hands on.

This is normally where I freak out and hide in the corner with my tail between my legs and promise to go to my Weight Watchers meeting next week.

But not this time. This time, I'm going to walk into my meeting on Tuesday and take my licks.... just like I took my licks of ice cream this week. It won't be good. That scale will be moving in the wrong damn direction.

But this, right here? This is a important lesson in weight loss. No matter how "good" you are. No matter how careful you are. There will be backslides. There will be oopsies, slipsies, whoops-a-daisies, wannabe do overs and oh shits. They are a part of life. And they don't go away just because you want that scale to go down, not up.

So, I'm taking my spanking this week like a big girl. And have I learned my lesson? For now, yeah. But this will happen again.

And like now, I will know then that this is just a part of the weight loss experience. Oh, and next week - I'm kicking some ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment