These are yummy and easy. They are always a crowd pleaser, and make you look like a great cook! Serve with a side salad and some squash fries for an easy meal. You can also do this same recipe with zucchini, eggplant, yellow squash, tomatoes, you get the idea.
Makes: ~ 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. ground meat 93% fat free
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 medium bell peppers, tops removed and seeds removed (reserve tops)
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Wash bell peppers. Cut off the tops and remove the seeds from the peppers. Save the tops.
Chop up the tops of the peppers.
Heat sauce pan on medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan.
Brown meat, peppers, and onions for about 15 minutes, or until the meat is browned and onions are translucent.
Add garlic powder to the pan and mix together.
Mix about 1 cup of spaghetti sauce into meat mixture.
Place bell peppers in a baking dish.
Spoon the meat mixture into the peppers.
Bake the peppers at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
Just before serving, heat the remaining spaghetti sauce, and serve the peppers topped with the remaining spaghetti sauce. Each pepper is one serving.
Tips ‘n’ Tricks:
- Don't let the number of steps fool you here - this recipe is EASY. Give it a try!
- This is another recipe that’s easy to customize to your family’s tastes. Pick a vegetabe - any vegetable, and you can probably stuff it.
- If the tops of the peppers start cooking too fast or looking dried out, just cover the baking dish with foil and keep baking.